Tuesday, March 14, 2017

I Love to See the Temple


I Love to See the Temple

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.
For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty. 
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll covenant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.
For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I've learned this truth:
A family is forever.
(Children's Songbook, Janice Kapp Perry, 1980)

I find myself singing that song when I'm driving through my town. Do you know why? Because a temple is being built in Cedar City. It's almost finished. When Mikah stayed with us last summer for a couple of weeks we went on a hunt for the temple. Look at these pictures and see how the temple gets bigger as we get closer to the temple.

You may have to click on this picture to see the temple.
It's in the middle at the top.

It's getting bigger. Can you see it?

We're almost there!

We made it...right before it started raining!

Why is the temple so important? What happens there? When I go to the temple I feel very peaceful. I feel close to Heavenly Father and Jesus. Everyone is dressed in white in the temple. I feel very reverent when I'm inside. Right before I married Granddaddy, I went to the temple and made sacred covenants (promises) with Heavenly Father. Two days later Granddaddy and I were sealed (married for time and eternity) in the temple. Because we were married in the temple, all of our children were born in the covenant and are sealed to us forever. This means if we live faithfully and keep our covenants, we can be a family forever. There is nothing I want more than to be with my family forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment